March 01st, 2018
This is Women's History Month:
The year women achieved the right to vote in the following countries:
1893 New Zealand (the first country to give women the right to vote)
1918 Austria, Germany, Poland, Russia
1920 United States
1928 Britain, Ireland
1947 Argentina, Japan, Mexico, Pakistan
1957 Malaysia, Zimbabwe
1963 Iran, Morocco
1990 Western Samoa
1993 Kazakhstan, Moldova
1994 South Africa
2006 United Arab Emirates
2011 Saudi Arabia - infoplease
Women's History Month, 2018, begins on Thursday, March 1, and ends on Saturday, March 31. - Google
“A govmint statistician figured if he took his clothes off and a woman wouldn’t honk his, uh, male appendage she was a lesbian -- So, lissen -- lissen -- he determines that 51% of the town adults are lesbians, including his wife. So, ah, the gross exposure and lack of adequate stimuli of the, uh, specific subject brought about conclusions that were predicated on faulty criteria. The conclusions were accurate within the context of the, uh, the vehicle of judgment, the man with the, ah, misguided and misinformed wee wee. However in truth the statistician’s findings proved only that the women of the town had good sense, including the guy’s wife. Thusly, 51% of the population of the town adults were sensible, which in a small way was a comment on the remaining 49% -- y’know if you believe in statistics that is.”
Please give to the League of Women Voters of Sacramento County: 801 12th Street, #201/ Sacramento, California 95814/ 916-447-8683/ And:
The League of Women Voters of Maine: P.O. Box 863/ Augusta, Maine 04332/
4/5/2021 02:24:43 am
Great bloog you have here
Leave a Reply.
A carbuncle is a roiled mass of skin or a beautiful gem. The incredible gem is pictured in the logo below and at the bottom of the short story section...
Kevin O'Kendley is the owner of Carbuncle Moon, and the author of all original material -- cartoons, blogs, shorts, essays, articles -- on the website (there has been a very limited editorial input in some of my work). All quoted sources are noted. I am responsible for all posts. The only blogs not time-dated are those advertising nonprofits. All nonprofits are vetted, investigated, though after the summer of 2018 my vetting has lapsed: (6/1/21).
Kevin O'Kendley: P.O. Box 172, Winterport, Maine, 04496, and 200 P Street, A-32, Sacramento, California, 95814, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical help is provided by an evolving computer genius, my son, Conor O'Kendley: A good kid with a great heart who can be reached at P.O. Box 172, Winterport, Maine, 04496. (Conor is in the Navy now, a swabby)
Photography provided by a visual artist, my daughter, Caitlin O'Kendley: a young woman with a beautiful soul. (Caitlin is in college now, a media-journalism student)
If your nonprofit is advertised on this site and you wish to have it removed please contact me at the above listed snail-mail or email address or use the contact form on the website.
If you download a blog, cartoon, a short story -- or for any other reason -- and wish to donate $ to this site, its author and technical support personnel, please send donations to above listed addresses payable to Kevin O'Kendley. My family and I could use the dinero.
All cartoons, blogs, and short stories are for sale.